- 4 Boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 - 32 oz. carton chicken broth
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup mild-hot salsa (spiciness based on preference)
- 1 - 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 2 - 15 oz. cans black beans (do not drain)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional for added heat)
- 3 cups Chica Mia, shredded
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Tortilla chips, lightly crushed (2 Tbsp. per bowl)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in a large, slow cooker with the exception of the black beans, cilantro and garnishes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, remove the chicken and shred, returning to the slow cooker.
- Add the undrained beans and cook for 1-2 more hours.
- Add the fresh cilantro 5 minutes before serving, stirring it in lightly.
- Add a couple tablespoons of crushed tortilla chips into each empty bowl.
- Ladle in the soup and top with Chica Mia and the other garnishes.