- 2.5 lbs. potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated Baby Swiss
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until semi-tender.
- Peel and grate potatoes with a large-hole grater.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Add potatoes, onion, and grated Swiss cheese, sprinkle with salt.
- With a large spoon, press into a round loaf.
- Sprinkle with milk and cover tightly with skillet lid.
- Reduce heat as soon as the potatoes begin to sizzle!
- Fry very slowly for 25-30 minutes. A crust will form.
- Cover the skillet with a flat platter and flip the rösti onto it.