- 1 lb. Reserve, shredded
- ½ lb. Ursario, shredded
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1¼ cups dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 small whisky glasses of kirsch
- Ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- Assortment of raw vegetables cut into bite-size pieces: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cherry tomatoes
- Thin slices of apple
- Steamed red potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- Rub a heavy stainless steel saucepan or heatproof clay fondue pot with split garlic clove.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the kirsch.
- Put the cheese and wine into the pan and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When the cheese is completely melted, add the kirsch and cornstarch mixture, stirring vigorously.
- Continue to cook.
- Season with white pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Serve over an alcohol lamp. The cooking should continue on low heat.
- Stir constantly with small pieces of French bread speared on a fondue fork.
- P.S. Whoever loses his bread in the fondue, must kiss the person sitting next to them.